Thursday, June 27, 2019

Kids club

I had the pleasure to work with some special needs girls on all four days of this trip. One who I had everyday was named Lisa, she was a 21 year old girl who has the mental state of a four year old. Another who I had twice was named Charlene she is 20 and a mental state of 6. The last one was Margrita who is around young adult. It was really fun to get to know all the three girls. Lisa and I became very close through this week, we played tag, hide and seek, and catch, which was Lisa’s favorite. We got to go in the vans and pick of the kids which was really sad to see, and see their living conditions and how they were treated at home. But that didn’t effect these girls, they all had such an amazing personality and all so bubbly and fun. One of the sweetest moments was from Thursday when Lisa asked for me and told me she missed me. We also took Lisa swimming on pool day, she had so much fun and you could tell she hadn’t had fun like this in awhile. Overall it was really heart warming experience and would 100% do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment